Tip #5: Plant the Container
While you might think this will be the hardest part, it's actually not difficult at all.
- Fill your container with soil up to an inch or so from the top.
- Mix in your fertilizer if your soil doesn't already have it. Be sure to follow the manufacturers instructions. Mix it in well.
- Carefully remove the plants from their nursery pots.
- Dig a hole for each plant, making sure the plant will not sit too far down in the soil.
- Fill in around the plants with soil. Don't cover the crown.
- Water generously. If the soil settles down too far, add a bit more around the plants.
And that's it! You now have a beautiful container to admire.